Find Out How to Write a Persuasive Essay Correctly
Let’s accept that writing an essay is a rather time-consuming process and not the easiest thing to do. This is the bitter truth. A persuasive essay is very often assigned for homework. This is another bitter truth.
Which exit? You cannot change or cancel instructor requirements (at the moment). On the other hand, you can read this article below and find all the necessary elements to understand how to write an excellent persuasive essay, even if it is your first one.
What Is a Persuasive Essay And Why Write It
A persuasive essay is a written work where you need to state your thoughts logically. It helps to learn how to express thoughts competently and strictly adhere to the persuasive essay structure. To understand how to start a persuasive essay and write a beautiful essay, you need:
- It is good to study the object of the essay.
- Adhere to the structure of Introduction, Main Body, and Conclusion.
- Show the sincerity of the soul and the breadth of knowledge.
The volume of the persuasive essay depends on the requirements of a particular teacher. There are strict norms in terms of volume only in examination papers. Most often, essays are assigned for the summer in elementary grades. They are used in transfer exams, as well as in entrance exams.
Classifications of essays depend on the age of students and learning objectives. They are educational and final, collective and independent, written based on literary material or based on personal experience, etc. Separately, there is a classification according to the type of speech since it most fully reflects the main features of the structure and content of the text.
General structure of the essay
Includes 3 mandatory parts, which are supplemented depending on the type of work:
- Main part.
Important to consider! The absence of one of the mandatory elements of the structure in the composition is considered an error.
In the persuasive essay, the student needs a brief description of the era’s social, economic, political, or cultural characteristics. Reflection on the main concept of the topic of the essay. The facts from the writer’s life related to the topic are given. The author’s convincing attitude to the problem is mentioned.
Shows the level of understanding of the topic of the essay. Includes analysis of a work, character, event, or problem. The volume must be at least 2/3 of the entire composition. In the main part, facts unrelated to the topic should not be given.
You can not retell the events of the work. The author confirms or refutes the theses stated in the introductory part. Quotes and examples support each thought. The author substantiates his attitude toward the position of the writer.
Brief conclusions summarize the result of the essay. The conclusion should be logically connected with the previous elements of the work. It can be presented as a generalization of conclusions or a rhetorical question that emphasizes the problem’s relevance. Sometimes an appeal to the reader is used with a call to change the attitude towards the problem.
Criteria for Evaluating Essays
A persuasive essay is usually given two grades. The first is placed for the content and design of the text, and the second for literacy. When checking an essay, the teacher evaluates:
- Workload. Strict requirements apply only to the final essay.
- Independence in doing work. It considers the completeness of the disclosure of the topic and its compliance with the content of the work, compliance with the structure, knowledge of the work of art, and the use of literary arguments.
- Absence of speech, spelling, and punctuation errors. Teachers evaluate the style of speech (artistic, scientific, conversational), its expressiveness, variety, correct use of word meanings, and knowledge of grammatical and punctuation norms of the language.
An essential criterion for evaluating the final essay, which remains unchanged, is independent writing of the work. Direct and indirect quoting is allowed, but with a mandatory reference.
General Rules for Writing Persuasive Essays
Before you start writing a persuasive essay, you should:
- Clearly state the main idea.
- Make a plan with brief theses and evidence for them.
- Observe the composition of the work and the logic of the presentation.
- Check the compliance of the text content with the chosen topic and correct grammatical and speech errors.
Then you can write a good persuasive essay in a structured way.
Secrets of The Perfect Essay
Writing a persuasive essay introduction and other parts of your essay is quite difficult because this work requires a lot of knowledge and effort. We will give some tips for a future job well done.
- Read works of fiction in their entirety to avoid factual and logical errors when arguing.
- Choose a topic that is familiar to you so that you can pick up a few arguments.
- If you can’t get started, then sketch out a draft with arguments, then connect and edit.
- Quotes, biographical and historical facts are essential components of the essay.
- Logical and semantic connections should be ideally described.
- A persuasive essay conclusion should not have repetitions with an introduction and main body.
By following these tips, you will be able to write a good persuasive essay and get an excellent grade. But remember that an essay to order on our service is an excellent option if you can’t write it yourself or when there is not enough time!
Order a Persuasive Essay at a Nice Price Right Now!
As you know, writing a persuasive essay can be a difficult task for many students, but there is a solution! You can contact any essay writer of our service for professional help. We are always ready to write a quality essay for you, so the persuasive essay writers are prepared to take on any challenge! Also, we can help you choose the best topic from all the good persuasive essay topics.